Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday report

Mom called a few minutes ago with a report. Dad does have pneumonia. This is the most common complication with this type of surgery. They have him on iv antibiotics and his white blood cell count was down this morning, which means he is probably responding to the meds.
Mom asked specifically for everyone to pray for Dad's breathing. He is having to take short quick breaths instead of being able to breath deeply. This is what he needs to do, to help get over this pneumonia, and also, it will help with his energy level. They also have him on a drug to help dry him out, to get the fluid out of his chest. This probably will make the dry mouth worse, but it is necessary to get the fluid pressure off his lungs. I feel so bad for Dad and what he is having to endure. Mom is doing well, but sounded a little tired this morning.
Jamie and her family are supposed to go down to be with her tonight. So glad for that.
Thank you for all your words of encouragement, Mom said she checks the blog daily and shares your comments with Dad.
Fighting this fight together with you all, JJ

If you have a little extra time today, check out the following links. These were sent to me to forward on to Mom and Dad from a family friend of ours, Jesse Reeves. They are very encouraging to watch. God is our Healer.
The first link is the story behind the song.
The second one is the song being performed. Thanks Jesse!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ_ny8hMgRY&eurl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xsWldmqAo&feature=related

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I want to inspire you like others have inspired my so I'm going to use God's Word, he just says it better than I do.

O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.
Do not bring your servant into judgement, for no one living is righteous before you.
The enemy persues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in darkness like those long dead.
So my spirit grows faint within me, my heart within me is dismayed.
I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself to you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God: may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy my foes, for I am your servant. Psalms 143

God's got your back, you can do this. Eyes on him!

Love,
Shelly Sinclair

Unknown said...

Isaiah 54:

10 "Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

11 "O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will build you with stones of turquoise, [a]
your foundations with sapphires. [b]

12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.

13 All your sons will be taught by the LORD,
and great will be your children's peace.

14 In righteousness you will be established:
Tyranny will be far from you;
you will have nothing to fear.
Terror will be far removed;
it will not come near you."

God is fighting this battle for you!

Becca

Joy said...

Hey Mom and Dad!!
I love you and miss you so much!! I have some of my precious Zambian friends praying for you both! Know that your arms are being held up by your brother's and sister's in Christ on the other side of the world. I can't wait to see you and tell you all what God has been doing! I am so proud of the two of you and how you have not been shaken by anything.

As Zambian's say...God is Good - All the time! And All the time - God is good!!

I'm fighting right next to you! Can't wait to see you! I'll be there soon...

Loving His kids with all that I can,
Joy