Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little better today.

Thank you so much for those powerful prayers many of you posted, and many of you didn't post, but I know you prayed. I am in awe and humbled that you all are like an army waiting for your marching orders, and as soon as a request is made known about Dad, you all are on your knees. Amazing!!! What a blessing you have been to our whole family.
Dad was about the same today, except Mom said that Dad had not run over 99.2 temp since yesterday, and his breathing seemed a little better. Not a huge improvement, but we will take it. Mom said she is not wanting to get too excited too soon. We will hope that this is the beginning of a slow but sure road to recovery.
Another good thing from today was a visit payed to Mom and Dad from one of Dad's life long friends and his wife. They brought a meal and prayed with them. Thank God again for encouragement He provides along the way.
Continuing to pray and hope, JJ and the Janszen Kids

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you are going through is important to us and the Lord. That's why we are asking Him to take care of you-to wrap His arms around you and hold you close, to give you strength for today and hope for tomorrow.
Love, Frank and Missie Rudy

Anonymous said...

August 21, 2008


Dear Janszen family,
I just want to pray in agreement with all of you against all discouragement and weariness. I pray Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
I know that while I was taking chemotherapy, I didn’t think I would ever get back to being me. I still struggle with lingering effects but every so slowly I am coming back with God’s help and strength. I say that only to say that I understand just a little of what you are going through Mike. This too shall pass and it WON’T always be like this.
Ronnie and I love you all and pray daily for God’s healing to be complete.
Judy Parish

Anonymous said...

It might be baby steps but it sounds encouraging! My mom said to be sure and tell you she is praying in Colorado.
Love,
Brenda

Baba said...

Yes indeed, we'll take small improvements. This is encouraging to us! We'll continue to pray with you that each new day will bring renewed energy...and even though the healing is coming slowly; we trust, we ask, we wait for the Lord to do it perfectly & completely in His time.
Psalm 33:20-22
"We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.
Let your unfailing love surround the Janszen's, Lord, for our hope (& their's) is in You alone."

Praying with you,
Don & Sandy