Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tough day.

I spoke with Mom this morning, and they had had a pretty good night of rest. Still the low grade temp comes and goes, but the pain medicine seems to help with that as well as his ability to rest. But Mom called this afternoon and left a message asking us all to pray for Dad's discouraged heart. He is really having a tough time with his lack of energy returning, as well as his struggle with talking. I am sure Dad is going to have to be patient with the energy returning, and possibly with his speech as well, but he is really down about it. Please pray for the Lord to whisper in his ear how loved he is, what a wonderful plan God has for him through all of this, that God has not forgotten him, nor has he ceased from working, healing, providing.
I can't help but think of the following passage out of Exodus:
" Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” So the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD? Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say." Ex. 4:10-12
God is mighty in His work. We all hurt with Dad when he hurts, and with Mom too. I am praying that Dad will not be discouraged. That even if he never returns to full energy level, even if he never speaks fluently (not really sure if he did that anyway), but if he never speaks the way he used to without stuttering, that he will feel a sense of purpose, joy, completeness in Christ and His calling on Dad's life. Pray for patience to take this one day at a time, and to find joy in the journey.
Thank you, JJ

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is in my prayers all day today that God will be more real to him today than ever before!!!!
God Bless
John Bonham

Anonymous said...

Mike,
I started singing praises and thanking Jesus when I saw the picture of you home with your family. You have an army of Christian soldiers praying for you guys daily!!!!
Remember what Paul said about our bodies, they are "jars of clay" and "earthly tents" fragile and temporary. The tent which we are wearing is not who we really are. It has been designed to get us through this earthly existence. All the afflictions, struggles and circumstances we face on a daily basis are training us for our eternal weight of glory which God himself will award to us on that great day!
Continued prayer and love for you and your family.
Deanne Brown Harvey

Gigi - BB said...

Mike & Jan - you are in my prayers that you can feel God's hand more closely & clearly than ever before.
My verse that I cling to:

"Be still & know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Love, Paulette

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray.
J.J., thank you so much for this blog. I look forward to reading it each day. It has been such a blessing to me to get to read your notes and all of the comments. What you write is so encouraging to me. Thank you Deanne Harvey for what you wrote today. So true!
Mike and Jan, hang in there. Love you so much. Praying for a great day today!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Lately when I'm driving in my car I repeatedly play the song, "God Of My Days". And every time I hear it and attempt to sing along!:), my prayer throughout brings you all to my remembrance. These desert/wilderness places in our journey are difficult paths to follow. Somedays our only comfort and hope to just get through one moment at a time is & will always be our faith in Christ, knowing that He is on that path by our side.
"God of My Days"
You awaken my heart from slumbering...Meet me in mourning and You speak to my grief...You're the light in my darkness, the delight of my eyes..The hope of the daybreak when the sun's slow to rise...I trust that every moment's in Your hand....

God of my days, King of my nights...Lord of my laughter, Sovereign in sorrow...You're the Prince of my praise, the Love of my life..You never leave me, You are faithful...God of my days--

You unveil my eyes, help me to see---The arms of my Father encircling me--You're a constant companion, I'm never alone--Your love is the banner that's leading me home--My eyes are on You, my hope is in You--My faith is in You. God of my Days.

Praying for strength & healing, Love~~Sandy

Garrett and Stephanie Peters said...

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing...The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalms 34:4-18

I came across this verse this morning and used it has my prayer for you today. I hope and I am believing that the Lord will strengthen your body and your Spirit today!

Praying from Arkansas,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Mike,
God's hand in this and your faithfulness to lean on Him has been a tremendous inspiration to me and many others who are praying for you and Jan. I spent 64 days in the hopsital in the summer of 1958, so if you ever want to just ventilate, please call. I would enjoy talking on the phone or driving down to visit, but only when you feel like it. You all are in our prayers everyday.
God bless you,
Pat Linkenhoger
P.S. I believe your speech will clear up because as I told you once, I think you were vacinnated with a phonograph needle.

Anonymous said...

Bro. Mike,
May God bless you If I said "have a good day," would you agree with me?

I've been where you are. I'll tell you war stories sometime (maybe Pat and I can commiserate with you), when you are up to it.

If you ask a guy like us if he can operate without all the body parts, I say yes! With God all things are possible, right?. Melinda and I are praying for you every day and we are believing that you will be healed.

Call if we can help. Cell #817-366-2193 oe 817-774-5727