Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Good Night, but heading back to Houston

Mom called this morning and said:
1 I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul will make its boast in the LORD; The humble will hear it and rejoice.
3 O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces will never be ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him And saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, And rescues them.
8 O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
9 O fear the LORD, you His saints; For to those who fear Him there is no want.

Psalm 34:1-9

Dad's breathing has been better, heart rate down, and he slept much better last night. Praise God for all YOU prayer warriors and for lasiks. They are heading down to MDA today, staying in the Rotary House tonight, and have appointments all day tomorrow. They will have a chance to evaluate Dad and see if we are on the right track with what we have done the last 24 hours with his meds. They will do his swallow test tomorrow. If he passes, then he can have a drink of water!!!
Praising God with you, JJ
Don and Sandy, your prayer really ministered to Mom and Dad, Thank you.

3 comments:

The Meltons said...

May the Lord continue to bless and give guidance for each and every need that arises as you ALL stay in this fight. The Lord has given you each Warrior Hearts. It has been a true testiment for us to see the Lord's love, grace and perseverence in each of you during this time. May HE continue to hold you all so tightly in HIS grip! GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOUR HEARTS!
In HIS love, Kyle and Andrea

Anonymous said...

Mike and Joy,
I am reminded of the hope, love and peace we all share as I listened to the Hymn, "In Christ Alone".
In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

These are amazing lyrics about an Amazing GOD who shows amazing grace.
Mike, you and your family are in our prayers daily and know that HE will be with you every step of the way.
All my love in HIM,
Deanne Brown Harvey

Anonymous said...

Mike and Jan,
We are so sorry that you are going through this difficulty. We just heard about Mike's illness last week. We want you to know that we are praying and we will be checking the blog regularly for updates.
Even though the years have separate us, our love and concern for your family has not changed. Your family are apart of some of our sweetest memories of KHS. All of the Parish's will pray for you daily.
Love in Him,
Judy Parish