Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday report.

Spoke with Mom and Dad today. Mom had gotten out of the house to run a few errands and go exercise, which was good for her. She left Joy at home to sit with Dad. Mom sounded good.
I called the house and spoke with Dad. He said he hadn't slept too good, and was feeling ok. He sounded the same on the phone. Unable to finish a sentence without going to a whisper. Pausing until he could get the next word out. Mom told me that he is not wanting to eat as much as he had been, and that he is also not doing his breathing exercises, which he is supposed to be doing every hour (I think). When Mom spoke with the nurse yesterday, she told Mom that Dad must eat, so he can wean off of the feeding tube, and also that he must do his exercises or he will not get better. Mom is doing all she can to encourage him to do what he must do, without wanting to nag him. I told her we need to get all his old PT buddies down here to get on to him!!! I have no idea what must be going through his head during this time or how bad he must feel to hold him back. Dad has always pushed himself, us, and his patients to do whatever it takes to get better, to push through. He has always done this! After his double knee replacement 2 years ago, he walked the next day in the hospital. When I had my knee surgery in college, as I came out of the sleep of the drugs in the recovery room, Dad was there telling me to do 3 sets of 10 tightening my quad every 5 minutes! I can't imaging how tough this must be for him to feel the way he does. I know part of it is depression, or at least discouragement. Those of you who know him, know that this is not the Mike Janszen that we all know and love. So please keep praying...
For the new meds to help.
For Dad to be motivated to eat and do his exercises.
For healing of his lungs and breathing.
For God to be glorified in and through this story of Dad.
We will keep praying together, JJ

6 comments:

donnave said...

You are right...this is not Mike! This is a spirit. I pray, Lord, that you would send your angels to do battle in Mike's behalf. Send the spirits of discouragement and fear packing! "Greater is He that is in me [Mike]than he that is in the world."
It is never your will, Lord, that we would be discouraged or fearful; but, that we would feel Your presence surrounding us constantly, and I pray that for Mike and all the family right now.

Much love.

Anonymous said...

That isn't the Mike I know. I, too have been through therapy with Mike. Even when I was discouraged he insisted I stay strong and do it correctly. I can hear him say in his little Texas twang.."now Brenda if you want to walk without a limp you HAVE to do it even if it hurts!" Lord, please fill Mike with that indescribable peace and strength that only You can give him because he is hurting and he is so tired. Encourage our sweet friend.
J.J. I am praying for you, too.
Love, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Dear Heavenly Father,

We ask you to give Mike the strength to take his treatments, that improvement will be evident to him to encourage him to persevere. Lord, give Mike the right encouragement he has always given others, that he will hear and fight through. Lord, Mike has always given you all the glory for all he does and his family.....we know He will glorify you in his healing also. We thank you for all you are going to do! In Jesus Name, Amen

Love you Mike, Steve

Anonymous said...

Mike - You are a fighter and I know you can get through this. You have the most wonderful cheerleaders cheering you on - I know God is holding your hand and he will help you win this battle.

Prayers go out to each of you during this time of healing.

Linda and Allen Bennett

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all!

Tyra (Janszen) Larson

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father, Mike has encouraged countless, who were on the mend from injury or surgery, including myself. Only you know the exact number of those he has rehabilitated, while giving you all the glory. I ask that you now rehabilitate him. Lord please give him Strength, hope, peace, rest and comfort. Give him what he needs to push through, or Lord just carry him. We all know you can, we pray You will. Love you so much Mike and Jan and praying for all of you.
Cindy Collins