Friday, September 5, 2008

Thursday and Friday report.

So sorry to those that read everyday. I didn't get a post done last night.
Dad had several good days this week, then yesterday (Thursday) , he was tired after not getting a good night's rest. He rested most of the day, but then on Friday he seemed to be doing better. As a matter of fact, Dad got up this morning and did a little weed eating!! If you know my Dad well, you know this is something he loves to do, or at least did all the time before he got sick. (It is his trademark!!) I don't think he worked for a long time, but he did it! I am sure that this will encourage the healing process, as he is able to feel more productive. Praise God for weed eating!! I never thought I would say that!!
Mom and Dad were going to an ice cream social tonight for a little while. Mom was not sure how long they would stay, but Dad thought He would give it a try.
The breathing is still about the same, but he speech comes and goes. The last two times I have talked to him on the phone, he sounded pretty good. He is working on relaxing his muscles as he tries to talk, and trying not to get keyed up when he speaks. We will work on that later, though. For now we are just so thankful that he has had a few better days. He still has a long way to go, but he is making small improvements. Thank you again, and again, and again for all the prayers.
In His mighty grace, JJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike and Jan!! Well, yeah!! I have been in Indiana without my computer working and had not read the blog for a few days. I am so excited to hear he is improving. It might be baby steps but it sounds like you are going forward now! Church, Sonic, and weed eating probably never sounded so good!!! I look forward to all of the updates on what you get to add to your list each day!!
Love you so much! We are at Shaun and Brandie's loving on sweet Talia!
Brenda

Baba said...

Hey,
I have an acre that's in bad need of weed eating! :)

Glad to hear Mike's energy is increasing daily. We continue to pray that each day will bring greater strength...and certainly we claim our 'bright hope' to be over each new day given.
Blessings & love,
Sandy & Don

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD for small blessings and victories. Praying the good days will break through more and more and the bad days decrease until one day you are on the other side of this merciless disease. Even when it's just the two of you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE , our Heavenly FATHER is with you, sometimes carrying you. We are all with you also, loving you and lifting you up more than ever. when I think of you, I am reminded of COLOSSIANSN1:2-9.
Love you all....Cindy Collins

Jean Ward said...

Dearest Janszen Family,
I just found out about Mike through my mom and sister, via Mary Henkes. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. My profession is in a great part because of Mike and his guidance early on in my life.
Sincerely,
Jean Ward(Archer)

Anonymous said...

We are celebrating with you that Mike has had some good days. I know this has to be a huge encouragement to both of you. We will share this PRAISE with our little church in the morning. Praying that this next week will be equally as good.
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!
We love you,
Linda Lou and Bubba