Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dad doing ok.

Dad and Mom came to the house this evening to eat dinner with us and celebrate Ruth's 10th birthday. I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to see Dad in our home again!!! I didn't realize how much I had missed seeing them here. I was so thankful Dad actually felt like getting out and coming up for awhile. They actually came in a little bit earlier and Dad got his hair cut in town.
Dad seemed to be doing ok, but Mom said he was worn out from all the visitors yesterday. He just can't handle all the talking and visiting like he used to. (Not yet.) Mom said he was still fighting the bloating, and pain associated with that, but he is trying to work through it with this new eating plan, and formula. Mom was feeling better as well.
Keep praying that the bloating will decrease, and the lungs will increase.
Once again, thank you for reading this blog and caring so much for the Janszen family. We are amazed at some of the stories that have trickled in about those that are following Dad's progress, and how they have never used the internet before until now. Dad has inspired many of us in many different ways, but I bet he never thought he would encourage you to use the net.
Sincerely, from all of us, thank you for caring. I believe He will get through this. We care for each of you.
In His Mercy and Grace, JJ and all the Janszen Kids
I will try and post a picture of Dad from tonight on tom. blog.

5 comments:

momof4dragons said...

We can't help but check-in several times throughout the day. I wish we could be some of the visitors...but I'm assuming my "crew of kids" might completely overwhelm everyone involved. Please know that we love you all and are continuing to pray for you. J.J., Hope the first day of school went well for the kids!Claudia Ford

momof4dragons said...

Oh...and happy birthday to Ruth, too. Can't believe she's 10. Claudia

Anonymous said...

Prayers are answered - Mike and Jan so glad to hear things are better. Much love to you - know that I check this site everyday - hugs to JJ for keeping us all informed. Take care and as my Dad said - God loves you and so do we.

Linda and Allen Bennett

Anonymous said...

An awesome report! Never thought I'd be so thrilled to read the words "doing ok". Progress is precious and our prayers include thanksgiving for it!

Guy

Joy said...

I wanted to second what JJ (my dear sister) wrote. Please know each and everyone of you reading this blog has impacted each of us in many ways. Your concern, prayers, encouragement, friendships and willingness to journey with us has lifted all of us up in one way or another. Thank you for the ways you have not given up on prayer! I, nor any of us Janszen kids, can express to you how much you mean to us all. We must continue believing God, in His timing, will fully restore my dad! I am honored to have you all partner with us during this time.

Love you all!

Joy