Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little better.

Dad stayed off of his j tube feedings last night and all day today and said he felt better. I spoke with him on the phone briefly, and then with Mom and she said his spirits were up, and hers were too. They go hand in hand.
Mom and I both felt that Dad's improvement was directly related to all the prayers that we know went up before the Throne of Grace last night and today for Dad. I am so thankful for all those that prayed and I would ask for you to continue to if the Lord lays Dad on your heart. This will be a long recovery, and I am sure it will be full of ups and downs, but knowing that you all are just a quick note away, to pray for Dad, is such a comfort and blessing to us.
Mom spoke with a nutritionist for a long time today, and she said that this was a common complication (the bloating) with those patients on the j tube. I think Dad will stay away from the j tube feedings for a few more days and see what happens. He will continue to eat by mouth regular food, as well as protein shakes, and other high calorie, low fiber drinks.
Keep praying, and thank you.
In Him, JJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J.J.
Thanks for your daily updates on Mike. I spoke to Dr. Aubrey & Barbara Guthrie yesterday filing them in on mike. Mike & Jan should be hearing from them soon.
Praying daily for a complete recovery.
JIm Pelletier

Anonymous said...

I'm still out here!!

Tell 'em the mayor is checking every day.