Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A better day.

Here is a picture from last night at our house

I was only able to talk with Mom briefly tonight, but from what she said, things sounded good. Dad is still fighting the bloating, but he is taking a new medicine that seems to be helping with his bowels. Mom said she felt like he was doing better. Yeah!!!

Dad said he wanted to go to prayer meeting tonight at the church, which they did every week before Dad's surgery, so Mom and Dad went, and Mom said it was great. She said it was so good to be there. I am so glad Dad felt like getting out again and going in to town. Praise the Lord. Even though we talked briefly, and I didn't get many details, I could tell from what Mom said and how she sounded that they had definitely had a better day.

I can't help but feel like that on these days that Dad is able to get out of the house, change his scenery, and break up his normal routine that he has been on since the surgery, that it will encourage his recovery, give him hope, and just breath fresh air back into his life. Dad is an amazing man, and so is Mom and woman. I never thought a year ago we would celebrate the ability to just get out of the house and go get a haircut, have a birthday dinner with your grandchild, or go to church for prayer meeting. What a difference a few months can bring. I guess the truth is these are things we should not take for granted and all celebrate every day! I realize more and more through what Dad has gone through, that every day is a gift, every meal we eat is a celebration, and every breath we take is a direct result of God's grace in our life. Praise God today for the ability you have to just sit down and read this, I am thanking Him now for two hands to sit and type. I am also thanking Him for You.

Once again, I cannot express enough from all of our family how precious each of you are to all of us. I pray God fills you right now with His peace and comfort. As you pray today, please continue to pray for Dad's bloating, his ability to handle the foods he takes in, his ability to breath, and his ability to speak. I loved the comments from yesterday, that all of you are celebrating with us with every step, whether huge or tiny, that Dad is able to take in the right direction.

God bless each of you, JJ and the Janszen Kids

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! We are excited with all of you that Mike is improving. We will continue to pray for improvement each day.
We love you all,
Linda Lou and Bubba