Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Better Day, Indeed !

Although I didn't get to finish telling J.J. about our day...because of bad cell service as we were driving back to the ranch from town.. I thought I would tell all of you.
We definately saw improvement today. Mike had more energy, a desire to get some things done, an ability to eat and enjoy his food (not much, yet) a better night of sleep last night, and he wanted to go to church. He even drove for a few minutes on the ranch with me riding shotgun. I wouldn't let him drive into town, though. It was great to be at church and see everyone again. On the way home we stopped at Sonic for supper.....life does seem to be getting better. As we thanked the Lord for our wraps and slushes :) , we also thanked Him for our wonderful church that we get to participate in, and for all of you... our precious family and friends who are carrying us through this journey. As we crossed the Brazos, the sun was setting and the sky was a beautiful shade of pink reflecting in the river. We thanked Him, again, for that magnificent display of His handiwork and for a much better day.
There have been so many days that we both were just too weary to pray other than just to cry out to the Lord. And yet we could almost hear your voices petitioning heaven's throne.
Mike has had a much greater pain and ordeal to endure than I have had and yet my pain has been watching him go through this. There have been many days that I wouldn't let him see me cry as I watched his struggle with complications from this surgery. I knew that I had to be positive for him so I held my composure. Then I would read the blog with all your precious
words of encouragement and beautiful prayers and I would weep before turning in for the night.

We cannot express to you enough how much we appreciate your investment of time in our battle. It is time consuming to pray and to care enough to check on his daily progress. And we are just overwhelmed that so many of you are standing with us.
Psalm 107 was especially uplifting to me, today. Please read it if you have the time.
Amen and Amen and Amen, again!
Jan

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart nearly jumped out of my shirt when we pulled up to church last night and I saw that truck with the cow and the b u on it!

It was great just to see ya'll again; a sight for sore eyes. I'm sorry that ya'll left early because I wanted to visit.

In my Bible (Psalm 107) the word "endures" is italisised, because God's mercy goes on forever; in this case it takes on a personal tone as He carries ya'll along.

Hope that you feel well enough to make it Sunday!

Woody

Dave and Beth said...

It was such a wonderful surprise and blessing to see you at church last evening. You both are greatly missed when you are not there and we were/are excited for the progress God has given to enable you to be with us. We will continue to pray for healing and recovery.

Dave & Beth

donnave said...

I praise God for His continued faithfulness in your lives as He strengthens your physical bodies. I pray that He will strengthen you emotionally and spiritually throughout.

I especially loved your mention of the beautiful sunset. God has encouraged me so many times through His beautiful creation.

I definitely believe that this is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Much love

Catherine said...

Jan and Mike,

I'm sorry Rick and I missed you last night, for it would have been good to have seen you both. We enjoyed celebrating Angie's birthday with her and Tyler and the time we are able spend with them as well!

It's exciting to hear how well Mike is doing and praise God for all our prayers being answered each day. The chance to be at prayer last night and doing things that you were doing prior to the surgery I'm sure has been good therapy for both of you.

I too read this blog every morning and thank you JJ for keeping us all updated. I'm sure with home schooling, it is hard to get everything done and still keep us informed. We really appreciate your dedication to this blog.

God's blessings on all your family,
Catherine

Anonymous said...

I also read the blogs daily. I wish I was closer so that I could visit and see my "old boss". I am so thankful that God is answering all our prayers. I have told him Mike has got to be #1 on the good and faithful servant list. You are so blessed to be loved by so many.

Judith

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD - I think that is enough said.

Linda Bennett

Kristin said...

Jan,
How sweet & encouraging to hear from you. I had tears as I read this entry and am so thankful that the Lord was gracious to both of you on this day. Sonic slushes are just the best too! Love you all and we do continue to pray that each day will bring more and more healing. I am headed to read the scripture you sent in Psalms.
Love,
Kristin

Anonymous said...

God is Good, God is Good, God is Good and so very faithful. In the little things, give thanks. I don't know any two people that do that as well as Mike and Jan. So good to hear that Mike is doing so much better. What a battle you two have been going thru, but by the grace of God, family, friends, and tons of prayer you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We love you guys and pray for you daily. Another miracle, we finally figured out how to do this comment thing thanks to Heather.

Gary and Pat Montgomery

Baba said...

Such encouraging news! We thank the Lord for His faithfulness. He never said this life would be easy, but He certainly promises to walk through those hard places with us. (Deut. 31:8) And He encourages all of us to walk though them with the hurting & wounded on our knees in prayer.

I cried reading what you said about the times you were too weary to pray and you felt other's petitioning heaven's throne. This is so true of all of us when we're faced with great difficulties. I'm reminded of this quote, "You must be at the end of your rope--I felt a tug." Isn't that the beauty of the body of Christ? We all felt the tug on our hearts to do what we can only do and that is to petition heaven's throne.
So we're here for you any time to pray. Tug on dear friends! We'll do our best to help hold the rope.
Love you,
Sandy & Don

Anonymous said...

Jan, it was so good to hear words from you. It did my heart so much good. I have wanted to call but I know you are tired and weary. I have been checking the blog many times a day. JJ has been such a blessing to all of us to keep the blog updated.
Just wanted you to know that I think of you several times aday and look forward to when we can visit.
Love you,
Linda Lou