Saturday, January 7, 2012

Another Step Forward

When I asked Mike for a title for the blog today he said "another step forward", so that's what it is. I'm not sure I would have put it that way.  He seems to be not as strong today.   We are still waiting for the end of 7 days bedrest on the bloodthinners before he can attempt to get out of bed.  He didn't have as restful of a night last night.  J.J. stayed with him and he slept from 9 until 1:30 a.m.  Then he was awake until 3:30 when he got some pain meds.  He slept again until 6 a.m.
His loss of sleep has caused him to fatigue quickly today.
His eating is still good. Hungry for meals and snacks. They disconnected the IV's because he's eating so well.  He's ready to move to rehab.
Sunday around noon is the plan, so we are requesting no visitors tomorrow. When we get him settled, then visitors will be fine.  Also, short visits would be best. He gets very tired from trying to talk so much.


Our family has been amazing.  The children have come and stayed with Mike, taking turns spending the night so that I can rest better at night. We all are rotating night duty.  Mike has been overwhelmed by their generous hearts wanting to take care of their daddy.  He jokes to the staff about all the women and one burly guy that have been "hovering" over him.  God has provided through our family and sweet friends everything we have needed.   ".......thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12


My great niece has been sending verses to encourage us on a regular basis, and yesterday, she sent Psalm 73:23-26.


"23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
         You hold me by my right hand.
 24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
         And afterward receive me to glory. 
         
 25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
         And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
 26 My flesh and my heart fail;
         But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. "
         

Amen and Amen and Amen again!
Jan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI
I'm checking every day. But visiting while in the hospital is not in the cards!!!
My best to all

LSmall