Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Still losing weight

As of this weekend, Dad has lost almost 50 lbs. Mom is very discouraged, and I think Dad is disappointed as well. Dad continues to work around the ranch, and if Mom is not right there reminding him to eat, he forgets, doesn't want to, or doesn't feel like coming in to eat every 3 hours or so.
We have noticed a trend, that after he works for several days, he then seems to struggle with the eating more, and the food not staying in him long enough to be absorbed.

Please pray that he will make it a priority to eat, to allow others to help him, even though he doesn't want to, and to work at trying to gain some of his weight back instead of continuing to lose.
Pray also for Mom, who is trying to be supportive, encouraging, and help Dad in this process, without being a drill Sargent.
This is very difficult for both of them.
Thank you again for being so steadfast in checking the blog and praying for Dad.
In Him, JJ and all the Janszen Kids

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you both every day. Your still at the top of the prayer list at dinner, and othertimes as well. I have faith that Mike will turn the corner soon with his appetite. That is my prayer for him. For you Jan ...I continue to pray for wisdom and discernment to know how to encourage him. I am also still praying for quality rest for both of you. Love you both and hope to see you soon....Cindy

Anonymous said...

Just checking in.

the mayor

Anonymous said...

I had so many stomach and esophagus problems while I was doing chemo. They gave me Nexium and it was a miracle drug for me. I know your situation is different but I wonder if it wouldn't help you too. I'm still praying for you!
Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Dear Janszen family,
My heart hurts so much for you guys. This has been such a long haul. I'm praying for you guys. I know the Holy Spirit knows what to pray for because I sure don't. I know when I used to get on the kids when they were home that I used to pray for them to hear the parts God wanted them to hear and for Him to block out the rest of it...the part that frustrated them. I guess that would be one of my prayers for you, Mike. That you hear the love and care when Jan is reminding you over and over to eat. I am going to pray that when she reminds you that you get the biggest hunger pains and WANT to eat!!! And Jan, I am going to pray for you to have that peaceful comfort God gives us. I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for you. I think it's easier to walk through something yourself than watch a loved one have to struggle. Anyway, I am praying always for your strength. I love you guys so much. Hey, is there anything that Mike absolutely loves that he hasn't had to eat? Steve and I will do or fix ANYTHING if it would make him hungry. I imagine you guys have tried it all but if you think of anything....LET US KNOW :)
We love you guys so much...
Brenda