Saturday, November 8, 2008

Not much has changed.

I am posting just to let everyone know that Dad's situation is about the same. I am not sure if he has lost any more weight this week, I haven't asked, but I am going with Mom to a shower today, so I am sure we will talk about it then. Dad has continued to try and keep doing work around the ranch. He also went to a football game last night.
This month, as we come into November, there are two things that really stand out to me as we watch the leaves change and the temperatures cool off a little.
First, this is the month of Thanksgiving. I am overwhelmed with Thanksgiving that my Dad is still with us and still alive and functioning. I can't think of anything that I am more thankful for than that this year. What a blessing to have him another year. We are truly blessed.
The other is that Dad's birthday is this month. He will turn 63 on Nov. 14th. I am so glad that we can celebrate another birthday with Dad. Going through something like this sure makes you celebrate and appreciate all the things that we used to take for granted.
We are also thankful for each and every one of you who have been apart of Team Janszen this year. Your prayers are priceless to us, we could never thank you enough, nor will we ever know just how much you have prayed until we get to glory. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We pray God will bless each and every one of you with joy and peace this month. Even if you are going through something difficult in your own life, You can still feel the presence of the Lord. He promises that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Try to enjoy those around you. Appreciate the little things. We don't know what tomorrow holds, but we know that God does and He has a plan for each of us.
Have a good weekend.
In His grace and mercy, JJ

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mike!!! I didn't realize you and Bubba were the same age or that you both had Nov. birthdays. His was yesterday, the 8th. We will pray for a great day for all of you on the 14th.
Love you,
Linda Lou and Bubba

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike, been keeping tabs on you and wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. My, the years have gone by since Bell HS. Best wishes and I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

John, Bell_1965

Travis said...

I'm still praying for y'all daily. God bless!

Luke 11:5-13

Travis

Anonymous said...

Today is the 14th!!! Happy Birthday Mike!! We love you so much! Brenda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MIKE. Can't wait to see you, and family. Take care and I want to go for a ride on 4 Wheeler. Love you all. Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mike!! I hope you are feeling well and enjoying the day.
Hugs,
Tyra Larson

Baba said...

Happy Birthday, Mike!
This birthday 'Best Wishes' is coming a little late in the day so go ahead and extend your celebration through Sunday!

Blessings to you~~
Sandy & Don