Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our visit to Houston




We just got back from Houston a little while ago. We had a wonderful time with Mom and Dad. We arrived Monday afternoon, me (JJ), with my five children, and Jamie with her two. It was a little crazy since you don't see too many kids around MDA but Mom and Dad had a good time showing them off. Our kids really enjoyed seeing where Babe and Buddy are spending all their time and so did Jamie and I. It is an amazing complex, and their hotel connects to the hospital which is really wonderful for Dad.

I don't know if it was just having the distraction of all the grand kids there, prayer, the medicine this week, or all of the above, but Dad seemed to feel a little bit better this week. We even went and walked around the Houston zoo for about 4 and a half hours today and Jamie and I were more tired than he was. So keep praying for his strength, God surely has given him more this week. He still has his two hardest days to go, but at least he made it through this first half well. Thank you all for praying, keep at it for Dad. After this week we are half way through!!!

In His Unfailing Grace and Mercy, JJ and The Janszen Kids

4 comments:

Baba said...

Thanks JJ & all of the team for keeping the "fans" updated on Mike's progress. It helps us as we go before the Lord in prayer for Babe, Buddy and you all. We are asking the Lord who is faithful to stand at your side & give you strength for the weeks ahead. (2 Tim. 4:17)
"I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you." Isaiah 46:4
Praying with you,
Don & Sandy Taylor

Kristin said...

We love you guys and are continuing to pray with you during this time. Please know that there is not a day that we don't think and pray for your family. JJ, thank you for updating us, it is nice to know the day-in/day-out details so that we can pray specifically for all of you.
Love,
Kristin & Anthony

B7 said...

I love that you all got to go visit them in Houston! What a blessing I'm sure that was to have everyone there in the midst of this week's treatments.
I heard a song recently with the words from various psalms. As I was singing, I thought of your parents and prayed that God would reveal himself mightily as they walk through the next few months...

You are my shield
My strength, my portion
Deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need.

We love you all!! Thanks for keeping us updated.

"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble" Psalm 46:1

Cindy Collins said...

What great pictures !!! nothing can purk up a grandparent like having one, or "7" grandbabies in your arms. That is GOOD medicine. I am so glad you all got to go and be with your parents. I'm sure it gave you more peace to be in thier "world" for a few hours. It was also good for the babies to see that Babe and Buddy are in good hands. I'm sure they have been anxious as well. It's hard on the little ones. Please know that I am still praying for you all. For Mike....I am still praying for strength, and the supernatural, devine healing that only God can deliver.

"I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," declares the Lord.
JEREMIAH 30:17

Much love to you all. Cindy