Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back down at MDA.

( Dad getting chemo on Monday, all smiles!!)


After a weekend home, Mom and Dad headed back down Monday around 10:00am. They had a nice time at home sleeping in their own bed and being at the ranch. Dad worked all weekend mowing and working cattle. On Saturday, Dad got hit pretty hard by a cow and was banged around between the gate and fence. Mom said she was more worried about the cows killing him than the cancer!! He said even though he worked all day Friday night and Saturday, he felt great. Pray he will know his limits, but if he feels up to it, I am sure it is a great distraction from the week's events.



I saw Mom on Friday night at Jesse's ball game, and saw them both on Sunday morning. They both looked great. I thought Dad looked better Sunday, than he has the last few weeks leading up to his treatment.


The Lord has worked out the schedule for them also. They don't have to be there until 4:30pm on Mondays, and they are finished around 8:30am on Fridays. What a blessing that is.


Thank you all for continuing to pray. We are walking through this feeling like God is going to shrink this cancer and give Dad physical victory over this. We trust the Lord no matter what His perfect will is.


I have to share this with you all. Last week we were praying as we do several times a day for Dad with the kids. It was the day that Dad was going to start his treatments. I spent alot of time praying for the drs and the medicines, that they would all do what they were supposed to do to help Dad. When I finished, Esther, my 7 yr old, said, "Mom, you didn't pray for Buddy!!"


"Yes I did, what do you think I was praying about the last five minutes?"


You prayed for the medicines and the Drs., but you didn't ask God to heal Buddy's throat."


She was right! We stopped right then and prayed again. My children's prayers for their grandfather have been so precious, and I pray they are learning through this as we all are. God is good, He is faithful, His mercies are new every morning. We will trust the Lord no matter what, but we will continue to ask God for Complete healing.


I want to thank you all for your notes you continue to send via this website, and snail mail. They really are an encouragement to our parents. They still can't believe how some of you have found out about what they are going through and that you would be so committed to pray for them.


Thank you all from the bottom of our heart.


JJ and all the Janszen Kids

3 comments:

Jeanan said...

I'm so glad that things are going well. I'm praying for Buddy and his entire team!
I can't wait to tell my mom about the cow story, because my dad just got a pacemaker in, and my mom can't get my dad to take it easy either! Love you!

The Black's said...

We're also praying for "healing of Buddy's throat!" It's good to read the updates on your blog. God is good to keep all your spirits up during this difficult time. Keep fighting and we'll keep praying!
Brad and Stacey Black

Cindy Collins said...

It's so great that things are going well. Our family is still praying for devine healing. It's so inspiational,(but not surprising) that Mike is fighting for his life and still hurding cattle. It just go to show that Cancer cannot silence courage.

"Because the hand of the LORD my God was on me, I took courage." EZRA 7:28