Monday, November 30, 2009

Failed Test

The results this morning were not what we wanted to hear. The scan showed the leak was still there. I called Dr. Bismar (the Dr. who found his cancer originally) this morning to inform him of the weekend events and ask what we should do next. Dr. Hickey (trauma surgeon) talked with him and they decided to transfer Mike to Hugeley Hosp. so Dr. Bismar can monitor his care. They will continue to approach this conservatively. More time will be needed for the body to repair itself. Actually, God is the One Who heals His creation, so I guess we are just waiting on Him. A pic line will be put in place for TPM feedings. They may also do a scope. Hopefully, he can avoid major surgery. Either way, Dr. Bismar will be taking over at Hugeley and he may be able to go home with the pic line.
He's discouraged that he didn't pass his test.
Pray that next time he passes and no surgery will be needed.
Waiting on Him,
The Janszen Family

1 comment:

Baba said...

Jan & family,
Thanks so much for the update.
We've been praying. We'll wait with you in the prayer room!
Psalm 130:5-6
"I wait for the Lord, I expectantly wait, and in His word do I hope.
I am looking and waiting for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, I say, more than watchmen for the morning."
Waiting...praying with you,
Sandy