Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Greetings from the Ozarks!

We are up here in the beautiful Ozark Mountains enjoying some time with Dad and Mom. They arrived Monday night for a week. Dad had a great day on Tuesday, floating in the lazy river with the kids and working out, but Tuesday evening started feeling pretty bad. He has done ok today, but has been taking it easy resting alot in the cabin. Joshua is actually enjoying this because he has a napping buddy.
Please pray for him, for his strength, for his ability to eat (it is hurting him, and wears him out just trying to get through a meal), (he is not choking on his food, it is just painful and burns apparently from the radiation). Pray also for emotional encouragement, he is frustrated that he feels this way. He has always been the "social activities director"(or as us kids would call him "the drill sargent") on our family vacations, and this week he does not feel like planning or really doing anything. We are still enjoying the time together and I am so thankful for this time with him and Mom.
The kids and I are leaving on Friday morning to pick up some of our other kids from camp, and Mom and Dad will have a few more days together up here before they head back. Continue to pray for rest and relaxation for them both.
Keep praying for the tumor to shrink or totally disappear, and also begin praying for the 16th and the 22nd of July.
Thank you again from all of us in the Janszen Family,
JJ and (Mom,she is here with me and helped me write this one!!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!
I'm so excited to hear you are all resting in the Ozarks. I know how much you all love that place.
Mike, I'm so thankful you are finished with treatments and I will continue to lift you in prayer for strength, healing, and patience :).....close your eyes in a big ole easy chair and "Be still, and know that I am God"! He is doing His work on you!!!!
We love and miss you all so much.
Brenda

Brian and Jessica Ross said...

We're so excited that you guys are finally getting some down time. Sometimes the Lord just wants us to "be still" and I believe this rest in MO will be a time of rebuilding for Mike. We love you guys! Thanks for keeping us updated!
Brian and Jess

Kristin said...

We continue to pray often for all of you. Glad you are enjoying the Ozarks :)!! Love to all. I am looking forward to hugging your necks at the ranch this weekend.
Love,
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Good morning...I just wanted you to know you have been prayed for this morning. You have come to mind several times already this morning so thought I would let you know I was praying. Love you guys. Mike, I pray you are feeling stronger every day. We love you. I was thinking how nice it would feel to be sitting in the good ole mountains this morning with you guys...and a tasty cup of coffee!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike and Jan,

I am praying for you both every day. I know how energetic you are Mike, however, the stillness and quietness is so healing. So try to sit still and enjoy. I hope it is cooler there than it is here. I have great memories of that place with you guys. What a perfect place to recoup and regroup, it is so beautiful there. Mike I pray for complete healing for you. Please do not be discouraged. We are all lifting you up. Love and miss you both. Hope to see you soon. Cindy

Travis said...

That is great news! I've been isolated from civilization out here in East Texas at Camp and haven't gotten an update in a while. Our SOJ group prayed for you this morning and I know the Lord is doing great things. I miss seeing you guys and hope y'all continue to get some rest where it's quiet. Take care- we're still praying!

Mathew 6:33-34
Travis