Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mom had surgery

Mom went in yesterday for the colonoscopy, but ended up having major surgery. The Dr. said that he could not remove the polyps with the scope, so he sent her over to the hospital, and praise God, the surgeon was able to operate at 4pm yesterday afternoon. He removed 6 inches of colon, and 6 inches of small intestine (secum) (I think that is correct, but I do know it was 12 inches total). Anyway, he said she should be fine. He did not think it was cancer, but was sending it off to check. She will be in the hospital for the next several days. She is in alot of pain. Dad is doing ok, but tired. She doesn't feel like having visitors yet, but we will see as the pain decreases. Thanks for praying. God is good. I am heading up to the hospital in a few minutes.
In Him, JJ

3 comments:

Baba said...

Praying! Bless her heart and yours, too!
Thank you for the update.
Will keep checking in.
Give Jan a big~gentle hug from me and assure her she's being covered with many prayers!
Blessings~love to you,
Sandy

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry. We are praying and glad to know how to be lifting her up. Give her our hugs and love.
Kristin & Anthony

Unknown said...

Wow - my goodness! I am so glad that surgery went well. Praying for everyone! I can't imagine what they all must be going through right now. I pray she gets tons of rest and heals quickly. Sending lots of hugs up that way from New Braunfels!
Thanks for keeping us in the loop!!!!

Love and blessings,
The Hills in NB
Craig, Becca, Molly and Madeline